The Supervisor is a brand ambassador and acts as a “Leader on Duty” in the store, supporting the management team in the achievement of store performance goals through their outstanding customer service skills, product knowledge and strong supervisory skills.
As a Supervisor, your main responsibilities will include:
- Providing exceptional customer service and shopping experiences for our customers. Act as a brand ambassador through strong product knowledge.
- Processing customer sale transactions and accurately following cash handling procedures
- Assisting customers with returns and exchanges of merchandise
- Completing store opening and/or closing procedures
- Preparing courier for head office when required
- Communicating store information to the District Manager or other functions when required
- Assisting in merchandising, marketing and visual presentation aspects of the store
- Receiving and processing company product accurately and efficiently while preserving the organization of the backroom
- Maintaining a safe and clean store environment for our team members and customers. Executing store housekeeping duties.
- Securing company assets by following all loss prevention policies and procedures
- Acting as a Team Leader through your ability to:
- Drive sales through leadership on the sales floor o Assist with sales associate training and development o Oversee the operations of the store in the absence of the Store Manager and Assistant Store
- Manager, including daily break and meal period schedule
- Participate in creating an environment that is positive, fun, outwardly friendly and engaging for all employees
- Lead by example, demonstrate the Carter’s Company Values and ensure the compliance of all company and store policies and procedures
- Contributing to store success by accomplishing related results as needed
Experience and Skills
- Retail key-holder, team leader or supervisor experience is an asset
- High energy, enthusiastic team leader
- A history of meeting and exceeding sales goals
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal and customer service skills. Ability to motivate others.
- Working knowledge of computers
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs
- Ability to move and replace fixtures, shelves and hardware throughout the store
- Ability to use ladders on a frequent basis
- Capacity to stand for long periods
- Contact Name: Amelia Calla
- Email: Amelia.Calla@carters.com